Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Style and New Couches

We FINALLY found some couches! We started looking at Woodstock Furniture Outlet in Acworth, which is my favorite place to find furniture by the way. On our first trip, I found several couches that I really liked but I wasn't ready to pull the trigger just yet. We also looked at Bassett, Ashley, American Signature, Havertys, and just about everywhere else that sold couches. There was one Ashley couch that I kept going back to but wasn't sure if we should buy it or not because I'm extremely indecisive when it comes to furniture. So I took my mom with me one day and she picked out the Ashley couches without even knowing they were the ones I liked! I took that as a sign and decided to buy them! Even better, the Ashley couches were $100 cheaper at Woodstock Furniture Outlet than they were at the Ashley store. I love a good bargain!

I haven't taken any pictures of the couches in our living room, so a stock photo will have to do for now. I keep forgetting to bring my good camera to our new house!

I LOVE our new couches and they even come with all those pillows! I probably won't use all the pillows because I'm not going for the blue/brown look, but I was excited to get them for free nonetheless. We decided to get two couches instead of a couch and loveseat. The loveseat was too small and we have enough room in our living room to fit two couches. They fit perfectly in our living room and look great against our newly painted walls.

Now on to another subject, the style of the living room. I want it to be traditional but still stylish. I want a Pottery Barn/Ballard Designs look, but I want to do it on a budget. I'll be doing a lot of refinishing, reupholstering, and other "do-it-yourself" kind of things. I love finding a good deal or even finding furniture at Goodwill and refinishing it to make it new and pretty. It just kills me to pay so much for things at Pottery Barn, Ballard Designs, etc. when you can find the exact same thing for so much cheaper. My favorite decorating store is Home Goods because they always have such good prices and a great selection! I'm also beyond obsessed with Amazon.com. I order everything from wireless routers to area rugs on Amazon. Not too long ago, I ordered a 9x11 rug for $150 with free shipping and it was excellent quality and really pretty!

Anna (my sister) made me a design board of what I'm trying to achieve in the living room:


We have been extremely busy doing stuff to the house. We painted our closet and are about 75% done painting the master bedroom, moved Andrew in, hung up the TV, bought a chandelier, and tons more. Hopefully I'll remember to bring my camera next time I'm at the house so I can take pictures and write more blog posts!

Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. You're so much like me!!! I LOVE woodstock outlet! My parents have bought furniture there for 20 years. I am also an amazon FREAK.... I am very obsessed with them and overstock.com. I went to goodwill today and got some amazing pieces of furniture that i cant wait to blog about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even realize you had a blog, but now I'm following you! And I love overstock too! They have really good rugs and drapes for windows.

    ReplyDelete