Tuesday, April 19, 2011

130 Days...

I'm getting married in 130 days!!! It's crazy how time flies. When we got engaged in October, I thought I had all the time in the world to plan the wedding and now we're approaching the 4 month mark. I was very very stressed when we first got engaged because it's extremely overwhelming when you're looking at the big picture. But luckily with the help of my mom, sister, and our wedding planner Jodie (she's awesome!), we have knocked out just about all the big things! I'm a very organized, control freak Type A kind of person so it makes me feel better to have a to do list and have everything written out. But I swear every time I go to theknot.com, it freaks me out a little to see the following:


Do I really have 116 things on my to do list?? To make myself feel better I'm going to make a list of the things that need to be done in the next 1-2 months...

  • Get a passport
  • Order invitations
  • Pre-marital counseling
  • Dress fittings
  • Find bridesmaid gifts
  • Plan bachelorette party
  • Buy our wedding bands
  • Guys need to get fitted for tuxes
  • Register at Target, BB&B, Home Depot
And I'm sure there's a million more things I'm not thinking of right now so I'm going to stop because this list is stressing me out!! Hopefully this won't be me in the next few months...

Haha kidding! (sort of)

Anyways, I think everything will work out fine...it's just a little stressful right now but will pay off in the end!

And for anyone wondering (because I get asked this all the time!), no I will not be changing my name! As most of you know, Andrew and I have the same last name...no we're not related and no I will not be Ivey Turner Turner. I'm just going to keep my name the way it is. I'm not going to lie, I'm a little excited about this because I like my name and I can keep all my monogrammed stuff! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment